Non laser light therapy for treatment of medical conditions
Narrow Band UVB Therapy
- This is used for inflammatory skin conditions which do not respond to standard topical therapies.
- Commonest conditions treated are widespread psoriasis and eczema. Pigment loss disorders (Vitiligo) can also be treated
- Dermatologists have been using this therapy for almost 50 years.
- Safety profile is excellent with no increase in skin cancer incidence recorded in the medical literature, even in patients who require repeated sessions of treatment.
- 2-3 x / week treatments over a period of 6-10 weeks (longer with pigment disorders) is required for maximum benefit. The regime and dosing is dependent on your condition and will be discussed during your consultation.
RED LIGHT Therapy
- This can be used to accelerate healing of wounds.
- It is used in combination with a “photosenstising” cream (MetvixR) for treatment of certain skin cancers and precancers.
Make a booking or enquiry
Our friendly specialist staff are ready to assist and are ready to answer your call at Bondi Junction. To find out more or to make a time to see any of our dermatologists, please make an enquiry.